These muffins are big, fluffy and satisfyingly loaded with healthy fats, berries and protein rich ingredients, making them the perfect, quick-whip-me-up first nourishment of the day.
We’ve used raspberries in this recipe but you can switch it up for blueberries, blackberries or strawberries if you prefer – that’s the beauty of the muffin, right?
One recipe makes 6 deliciously moist baked goods; ideal for your breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack. We’ve also included some additional add-ons in our tips section below if you fancy making your own combo!
HIGH PROTEIN RASPBERRY & COCONUT MUFFINS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Calories: 628.66 (3772)
- Carbs: 35.83 (215)
- Fat: 42 (252)
- Protein: 19.66 (118)
- Sodium: 740.33 (4442)
- Sugar: 12.66 (76)
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25-35 minutes
Makes 6 large breakfast muffins
- 1 large ripe banana
- 5 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter (opt for a sugar-free brand)
- 1 & ½ cup Greek yogurt*
- 3 Tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp pink sea salt
- 1 & ½ cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Line 6 hole muffin tray (¾ cup capacity) with muffin wraps.
- 3. Combine mashed banana, eggs, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, Nuvia Sweetener and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix well with a whisk or wooden spoon.
- 4. Mix sifted flour with salt and baking powder, almond meal and shredded coconut and add to the wet mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined (do not over mix).
- 5. Add raspberries and fold evenly through mixture.
- 6. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tray and bake in oven for approx. 25-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- 7. Place on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
TIPS AND TWEAKS
For an extra protein hit try serving with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Always opt for full fat Greek yogurt. The low-fat options are often packed with sugar.