These little pots make great on the go breakfasts but also double up as an impressive, healthy dessert which you can make ahead of time for your friends. The perfect refreshing compliment to a BBQ in the sunshine. If you’re short on time you could use shop bought curd too of course. We don’t judge 😛
WINNING CHIA PUDDINGS
- Nutritional Breakdown: per portion (whole recipe)
- Chia pudding
- Calories: 672.5 (1345)
- Carbs: 18.5 (37)
- Fat: 63 (126)
- Lemon curd
- Calories: 514.5 (1029)
- Carbs: 4 (8)
- Fat: 50.5 (101)
- Calories: 1668 (3336)
- Carbs: 166.5 (333)
- Fat: 115 (230)
- Protein: 10 (20)
- Sodium: 38 (76)
- Sugar: 9.5 (19)
- Protein: 13.5 (27)
- Sodium: 140 (280)
- Sugar: 1.5 (3)
- Protein: 25 (50)
- Sodium: 455 (910)
- Sugar: 132 (264)
- 2 pots
- CHIA PUDDING
- 1x 400ml can premium coconut cream (no preservatives or thickeners)
- 1⁄3 cup white chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp Nuvia Sweetener
- LEMON CURD
- 2 700g free range organic eggs
- 2 free range organic egg yolks
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons (125ml)
- 100g butter (diced)
- 2 tbsp Nuvia Sweetener
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Bowl of ice
- ALMOND & COCONUT CRUMB
- 1⁄2 cup whole raw almonds
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Zest from 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- FOR CHIA PUDDING
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine (make sure there are no lumps of chia).
- 2. Set aside in the fridge to thicken.
- FOR THE LEMON CURD
- 1. 1⁄3 fill a pot of water & boil to make a double boiler.
- 2. In a large bowl add ice. (This is just in case your curd gets too hot too quickly to regulate temperature & prevent your eggs curdling. Bowl must be larger than that of the curd).
- 3. In a stainless steel bowl add eggs, yolks, zest and lemon juice & whisk until combined.
- 4. Add Nuvia Sweetener & sea salt.
- 5. Sit bowl over the boiling water.
- 6. Turn temperature down to low & a soft simmer.
- 7. Slowly whisk your mix until it begins to thicken, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- 8. Add cubes of butter, this step should speed up the thickening process.
- 9. When your mix is glossy & coats the back of a spatula it is ready.
- 10. Take off the heat and sit over ice for a few minutes.
- 11. Pass the curd through a sieve to remove the zest & any lemon pips.
- ** It's important, when making curd to stir it constantly. Keeping the mix off the sides of the bowl to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- FOR ALMOND & COCONUT CRUMB
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- 2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- 3. Using a mortar and pestle break up the almonds a little.
- 4. Melt coconut oil in a small pot on the stove and add Nuvia Sweetener, stirring to to dissolve.
- 5. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to coat evenly.
- 6. Evenly spread the mix out on your lined baking tray.
- 7. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until coconut is golden brown.
BUILD YOUR PUDDINGS
In a large glass or clear serving bowl layer your curd and pudding; starting with pudding, curd, crumb, & repeat once more.
Top your deliciously healthy dessert with 1/3 cup of the crumb and enjoy.